TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BEDFORDSHIRE STORAGE
These conditions set out the terms of the contract between Bedfordshire Storage and you (the customer) and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities and those of Bedfordshire Storage. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Any reference in these conditions to ‘we’ or ‘us’ is a reference to Bedfordshire Storage.
- Any reference in these conditions to ‘you’ is a reference to the customer.
Use of the storage unit and the site
- Customers are responsible for providing a lock and for ensuring their unit is locked prior to leaving the site. The Company will not take responsibility for goods lost or damaged on site when the Customer is loading/unloading goods on site.
- Customers may use the unit for storage and no other purpose unless otherwise agreed by us.
- Most household/business items are suitable for self-storage. However, our units are not suitable for the following items: – Inflammable/combustible materials (items containing petrol/oil should be drained down prior to storage. Perishable foodstuffs. Animals or animal products. Hazardous and dangerous items such as explosives, ammunition, toxic waste, asbestos, chemicals, radioactive materials. Illegal items and goods not owned by customers.
- Vehicles are allowed only for the purpose of delivering and collecting from the site. If any unauthorised vehicles are left at the site overnight there will be a charge of £40.00 per night.
- Customers may not attach anything to the walls, ceiling floor or doors of the unit and must advise the Company if any damage to the unit occurs.
- Any items or rubbish left outside of the storage unit will be chargeable including on the roof/top, any rubbish left at the site is a breach of the terms and conditions of rental.
- There should be no smoking or fires on site.
- Children must be supervised at all times and dogs must be kept on leads. Any fouling should be cleaned and disposed of properly.
- Customers give their permission to allow us to break their lock, and/or for access to their unit in an emergency. We will also access the unit, if required to do so by the Police, H.M. Customs & Excise, Fire Services, Local Authority or by a Court Order.
- Please note that in respect of Units fitted with an electricity supply, we cannot give a guarantee of an uninterrupted supply. The electricity supplied is given charged by meter. We will withdraw the facility if the tenant does not keep to the rental terms paying the rental when due.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a direct result of our performance of this Agreement being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any Act of God, riot, strike or lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, difficulty in obtaining workmen, materials or transport, electrical power, internet or computer failures or other circumstances whatsoever outside our control and which affect the provision by us of access to or use of the unit.
- You shall be liable for any damage to the container caused by misuse and not respecting the terms of this Agreement. In the event of a damaged container you will be charged the full amount for a new replacement container.
- Due care and attention must be taken at all times when driving on our premises. You will be solely liable for any damage done or injury caused to your self or any other persons.
- This Agreement gives you a personal License to occupy the Unit/s until the Agreement is terminated. The Agreement is covered by English Law and cannot be assigned without our prior written permission.
Vehicle and Open Air Storage
- All vehicles and items stored on our premises in our outdoor storage facility are parked completely at your risk and you should have full insurance to cover the storage of your property at our location.
- We recommend that all vehicles, caravans and trailers are secured using wheel clamps. However we will not be liable should they be removed and the vehicle damaged / stolen.
- Any damages caused to our premises by vehicles will be charged.
- Rent will be payable in advance on a monthly basis on the first day of each month. Payment is to be made via Bank Transfer, it is your responsibility to arrange reoccurring payments for each month. These payments should be made with a reference for your account supplied by us.
- 14 days advance notice is required for termination by either the customer or the Company. Please ensure that you advise us that you have vacated the Unit on the scheduled Move Out date, in order that the Unit maybe re-let.
- The rent is subject to increase, by providing one month’s notice in writing (or by email).
- A failure to pay rent on the due date, will incur a late payment charge of £5 per day and/or exclusion from the site, and/or we may break the lock on the Unit and install a new lock, whether or not we have exercised our right to terminate this Agreement.
- If any part of the rent and/or late payment charges are still outstanding one month after the due date we may: –
(a) give you written notice that we will remove all the Goods in the Unit if you have not paid all outstanding amounts due in full within 7 days of the posting of that notice by us to you at your address set out in the Schedule;
(b) on expiry of the 7 days’ notice, sell the goods on your behalf and pass good title to them and use the proceeds of sale to discharge any outstanding fees and charges due. If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge your outstanding liability to us then you will remain liable for the balance;
(c) treat any of the Goods not sold as abandoned and destroy or otherwise dispose of them. Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to a debt collection agency. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a charge that covers our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
- Notice Period. 14 days advance notice is required for termination by either the customer or the Company. Please e mail us or call direct to tell us of your selected moving out date. Please ensure that you advise us once you have vacated the Unit, in order that the Unit maybe re-let. On termination of this agreement all goods must be removed from the unit, which should be left clean and tidy and in the same condition as the commencement date. We may make an appropriate charge if we have to clean the unit or dispose of any goods or rubbish left in the unit, or on the site. Any goods left in the unit after termination, will be considered as abandoned, and disposed of.
- Please note that we do not give any refunds on advance discounted long-term rental payments, should you wish to vacate the Unit(s) before the end of the contract period.
- It is important that you have sufficient insurance cover for your goods should you require additional insurance or would like a quote please enquire.
- I confirm that the goods are solely owned by me. If the Goods are not owned by me or not solely owned by me, I confirm I have obtained the owner’s, co-owners or joint owner’s consent (as applicable) to the storage of the Goods under the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- I understand that because the Company has not inspected the goods, it is not on notice as to the existence of any items and has no record of condition. Consequently, the Company is not able to and does not insure the goods and I acknowledge and agree that the Company owes no contractual or other duty in respect of my goods, including consequential or economic loss, whether or not any loss or damage caused is due to any act or omission, negligence or wilful default, by us, our agents or other customers.
- I have inspected the unit number to which this agreement relates and confirmed it is suitable for use and in good condition at the commencement date. I will advise the Company if there is any future damage or other defect affecting the unit.
- I have received a copy of this Agreement. I have entered into the above Agreement by making payment to Bedfordshire Storage for the rental of a storage Unit on the terms shown above.
- After the initial payment is received, if the Customer does not accept our terms and conditions, we will allow the Customer 48 hours to withdraw from the contract and a full refund will be given
The terms and conditions together with our contract are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Therefor by allowing Bedfordshire Storage to store you property you will be agreeing to our terms and conditions unless otherwise stated in writing.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.